Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Books I read in 2008--The Bradfords

Hey this was fun! I didn't realize I read so many books until I started this list. I read with my kids (almost) every night but I only included the chapter books we read. I'm a firm believer in reading aloud to your kids, but I'll get into that another time. Here's my list in no particular order:

Katherine by Anya Seton
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory
Marley & Me by John Grogan
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg
The Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
These Is My Words by Nancy Turner
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Persuasion by Jane Austen

Books I read with my kids:

The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt
The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron
January 1905 by Katharine Boling
The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs by Betty Birney
Each Little Bird that Sings by Deborah Wiles
Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
Eggs by Jerry Spinelli
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
The Tiger Rising by Kate diCamillo
A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
Love, Ruby Lavender by Deborah Wiles
Talented Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
Clementine’s Letter by Sara Pennypacker
The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House by Mary Chase
Ramona Quimby, age 8 by Beverley Cleary

2 comments:

L said...

What was your favorite this year? I think I can guess, but who knows.:o)
Least favorite? And which book did your kids like the best, least?

Tanja said...

Good luck picking. It is hard for me, and I know it will be for you too. I am glad to see your large list of books.