Sunday, December 28, 2008

What's up for 2009?

A new year is upon us. A new year - a new mission statement. This is a place for readers and writers.

We're interested in developing a site where we can set goals for reading, post our reviews, find out what kind of pages people are turning, and develop and expand our own tastes. Maybe even try a new genre!!
Check out the Reading Duels on the sidebar, click on those if you're interested in signing up to help you achieve your reading goals.

Each month we'll have different writing challenges for those interested in developing that skill. We mean for this to be a safe haven, a place where we can experiment, break out of our comfort zone and try something new while sometimes receiving feedback, sometimes not. You'll be the judge.

We will also spotlight one book a month. Whoever picks that book will lead the discussion on a separate post.

If this is something you'd like to try, leave a comment below with your name, email address and url. We'll then make you a blog author, so you can post your reviews as you go. Also be sure to include your 2009 reading goal number so I can add it to the list.

Happy reading!!!

5 comments:

Tanja said...

My goal is 40 books this year. This is less than I did last year, but I think I overdid it slightly.

Tanja said...

Sorry, me again. There is a poll on the sidebar. I am always wondering what people are reading. Right now I am reading Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman.

L said...

We should include on the side, somwhere, what everybody is currently reading. That would be interesting.

Sheri said...

I might consider being a part of this. I have so much to do right now that I'm not sure. I would review mostly children's books...Picture books. I'm processing a book order right now for school and should read all of those. Let me think about this....
Of course, my goal is to read all the books I'm supposed to!

L said...

Sheri, sorry I just barely saw this. I sent you an email that will make you an author. You can review whatever you want. Alot of people contributing to the blog have little kids so children's books would be great.
Whatever you want to do, if you have the time. Believe me, I understand that.