Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spotlight for February

I'm trying to reread the Harry Potter Series again this year and thought I'd spotlight the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the month of February. A lot of us are very familiar with this series, so for the next thirty days or so, I'll occasionally post tidbits about JK Rowling, the book and maybe some Potter trivia as I try to familiarize myself with the series again.
Here's a few samples. Anybody already know the answers?

1. What kind of wizard does Hagrid tell Harry he's going to be?
2. On the Hogarts Express, which candy bar does Harry hope to buy?
3. In which order does Professor Mcgonagall introduce the houses to the first years?
4. What did Harry think they had to do to be sorted?
5. Whose head did Fred and George have bewitched snowballs bouncing off of?

Just a taste ladies. Just a taste...
Happy reading!

6 comments:

Suzette Bradford said...

I love that Potter kid! I still wish I could have gone to Hogwarts because I wish I was magic. I'd really like to fly (not on an airplane). Those are some serious trivia questions you've got there! I'm going to have to re-read and find the answers. I have all seven books on audio read by Jim Dale. Have you ever heard them? Jim Dale was born to read those books out loud. Great stuff for a road trip.

Mandy said...

I have those tapes and CD's too. I love them! I used to listen to them when I traveled back and forth from school.

I thought I was a connaisseur of Harry Potter info but I only know the first one, a thumpin' good one, but I don't have a clue on the rest. I guess I will have to read this book again this month too.

L said...

That guy is really good. He also does the promo for the tv show Pushing Daisy's. Everytime I hear him I sigh and think of Harry. I'm excited to read the stories again.

Amanda said...

Okay Lula, I didn't see you had this up. I'm writing out your answers without consulting the books first.

1) a "thumpin' good'un" once he's been trained up a bit.
2) Mars bars
3) alphabetical
4) he was unsure but had a wild moment where he thought maybe they had to get a rabbit out of the hat
5) Quirrel's turban

I'm going to have to be on the lookout for more trivia! You'll see just how big off a Potter nerd I am!

L said...

Argh, you are good! I'm going to have to come up with harder questions. Comma placement here we come!:P

Amanda said...

Hey I claim no responsibility for comma placement questions, haha! I look forward to the challenge. ;)