Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

I have not read any of the Shopoholics books, but I picked up Remember Me, by the same author, thinking it would be a good read.

The premise of the book is a girl who wakes up after an accident having lost her memory of the past three years- and what a three years it was! She is married to a rich hottie and went from ugly duckling to beautiful woman. Part of her journey is the rediscovering of herself in determining why she underwent all these changes, and the pros and cons of the decisions she made the past three years. And also determining if she really did have an affair!

I found the book entertaining, but not the best book I ever read. There was a lot of cussing- including the use of the f-word way more then needed. It was a simple and cute read- not a deep literary read. Somewhat predictable and definitely cheesy at times, I would recommend this book if you are looking for a light, entertaining read. After all, who wouldn't love waking up and finding out they were married to George Clooney and looked like a super model?

3.8 out of 5- she lost points because of all the cussing.

1 comment:

L said...

I definitely wouldn't mind...no siree, I wouldn't.:D