Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A New Book Out This Month



I know there are a few people who contribute to this site who like the most excellent book, Katherine by Anya Seton. I count myself among them so I was excited to hear about a new book about her life coming out this month titled:
Mistress of the Monarchy: The Life of Katherine Swynford, Duchess of Lancaster by Alison Weir.

A first-ever bio that brings this exceptional woman from the footnotes of English history and tells the fascinating story of the couple (she married John of Gaunt ) who began the royal bloodline from which all subsequent English monarchs descended.

More hot royal action? Gosh, I hope so.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

There seems to be so much interest in Katherine and so much written about her that I still find it hard to believe I had never heard of this woman before I read that book. So much for my history degree... :)

L said...

I just wish they'd make a movie about her life. That really would be something.