Saturday, March 14, 2009

Silenced


by Betsy Brannon Green

This is one of many in a series called the Haggerty mysteries. It is about a young cop named Mila Edwards who moves to Georgia for a new job and ends up on a case where two young children are abandoned by their mother. The police think the mother ran off with the father who was on the run from the police, but Mila thinks something more sinister happened.

We own three of this series and not in any particular order. We don't even own the first one but my husband likes the series so I thought I would give it a try. This is the earliest book in the series that we own so he said to begin with this one but he did warn me it was his least favorite. Well, I see why. I had to force myself to finish it and I started skimming at the end. I found it predictable and pretty slow. It just dragged on and took forever for anything exciting to happen. A few bright spots: I did enjoy the romance in it and it is by an LDS author so no language.

I will try the other two we have since he says they are much better but we will see. Apparently the others involve Eugenia Atkins, an elderly lady from Haggerty, Georgia, solving mysteries but she was only a minor character in this one. I think that was part of the lack of appeal for me. I was expecting more Murder She Wrote (which I LOVE!!!).

2 stars

1 comment:

L said...

I can barely read the title that author's name is so big. That should've been the first clue, that and the fact she used the dreaded middle name.