Thursday, April 2, 2009
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - by JK Rowling
Life at Hogwarts continues in this adventure-filled sequel. After a mind-numbingly boring summer spent with the hideous Dursley's, a warning from one weird-looking elf, and a short stint of joy at the Burrow, Harry is on his way back to Hogwarts. But as always, that's where his real trouble begins.
Truth be told this one is probably my least favorite of the seven. It was a little slow for me in the beginning, finally took root about half way, then finished with a bang by the end. I did have fun reviewing all the clever and witty details, and am looking forward to catching up on the next books. What a great escape they are. Care to test your knowledge of these soon to be classics?
Are you but a fair weather lover of all things Potter, or a seasoned traveler through these books? I'm somewhere in the middle. Either way, I enjoyed the trip back.
1. On the first page, how many times that week had Hedwig’s screeching bothered Mr. Vernon Dursley?
2. What did Harry miss most especially about Hogwarts?
3. Name Mr. Dursley’s potential drill clients.
4. Harry’s dinner for the night they were coming was?
5. What color are Dobby’s eyes?
6. Mrs. Mason was mortally afraid of what?
7. What was the color and make of the enchanted car?
8. What was the name of the Weasley’s owl?
9. The gnomes in the Weasley’s garden, what vegetable did they look like?
10. What’s the name of Ron’s favorite Quidditch team?
11. Who was Bill Weasley working for in Egypt?
12. What present did Draco Malfoy want his father to buy him in Borgin and Burkes?
13. Instead of Diagon Alley, where did Harry turn up?
14. What did Professor McGonagall suggest Harry and Ron should’ve done instead of stealing the car?
15. What award did Professor Lockhart win five times in a row?
16. What was the name of the new gifted brooms the Slytherin’s received to play Quidditch?
17. Ron’s detention was cleaning what and for whom?
For a different set of questions see here. 3 stars